Saturday, August 13, 2005

ILLUMINATION

It often happens just when I least expect it, or as someone wrote " things that have never happened before happen all the time ". It is usually early in the morning, moments before the sun rises, when I notice that the light outside carries what seems to be its' own energy.

I used to say that it was the last smell of cut lawns, the impending chill in the air, and a change in the light that let me know it was time to play football. I couldn't understand what it was, by I sensed that this favorite time of my childhood was upon me. In later years, I would realize that it was the change in the light intensity as the sun began to shrink away from the unyielding heat of summer, and tilt her head so that autumn could find its way home. Physics class would teach me about light intensity, luminosity, Planck's constant, quantum theory, quarks and other such things.

I still like to stand outside and watch the light change, and I realize that the light didn't change, I did.

M

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger lecram sinun said...

Nice post, Mustang.

 
At 3:47 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

too true.

 
At 11:01 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Mustang said...

Thx gents...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home