Sunday, September 03, 2006


And that was all it was....

The picture says it all..before, impact, after.

Raced home from Lecram's always-stellar BBQ Pit & Ta-Ta Review, pulled out the ol' 8-incher (telescope ladies, please behave) and set up for a night in lunar bombardment. I was still realing from an overdose of bbq pit smoke, as I commandered the post of Head Meat Burner (once again), and several adult beverages handed to me in gratitude for my meat-heating skills, but also out of pitty for my efforts at the 'Q in the face of a 100 degree day in the big 'NO. So, I was sitting there, all agog, and....nothing. Couldn't/didn't see squat. Dissapointed. The above pictures were taken by a 3.7 meter (about 12 foot) diameter telescope in Hawaii, up on some cold dead volcano. Me, I was using the ol' trusty 0.235 meter telescope in my highly air-polluted back yard. Go figure. More late when Blogger will let me create paragraphs.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

yup. i had a pefect view of the moon and saw it all...if you count absolutely nothing as "it all".

 
At 7:45 AM, September 04, 2006, Blogger lecram sinun said...

Thanks again for being COC (Chef Of Ceremonies) and glad you dhad a good time. :)

Sorry the moon splat didn't happen within your vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home