Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dear Ether…

..I have some requests, or maybe they would qualify as wishes, or even very well-meant and thoughtful hopes. I realize that your lack of corporeal reality prevents a true face-to-face request, and your usual wishing well/fountain/oracle-in-a-cave outlets are kinda busy this time of year, so I thought I would take a whack at this approach.

I’m hoping that my personal curmudgeon-ishness can be overlooked, as these are not for me, and so are meant for truly nice and well-meaning people. OK, so here goes…

For my wife I wish for her the strength to be unafraid, and know that I love her and will stand by her no matter what forever.

For my son and daughter I hope for patience, so that in time they may see each other as they are, not as they were.

For Joel I wish a chance to swing away, knowing that it will clear the wall no matter where he is. For Katie I wish that everyday, she has one special moment, when she knows without a doubt that she is loved. For them both I wish my strongest wish, for love and joy forever.

For Marcel I wish one hour when there is no lack of just the right word, the right phrase, and that he can say it all in that hour.

For Jayne, my wish is simple, that she sees in her mirror what I see.

For Chris and Devon I wish a single moment of unlimited love together everyday, but always at a different time of day because they like surprises.

For Eric, I wish him peace.

For Erik and Sally, I wish good travels and amazing dragonflies!

For John and John, I wish barbecuing classes, and strong hugs.

For my parents, for whom the journeys end draws closer, I wish comfort knowing they have succeeded, and we love them for who they are and what they did for us.

For Cosima, I wish a never-ending sense of adventure, and one hundred years of joy with Little Man.

For SeaRabbit I wish contentment, knowing that her voyages will all end with her love in her arms.

I just know I have forgotten someone. Please forgive me, and let me wish for those whom I have failed to mention good health, fair sailing, and above all peace and honor.

7 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, December 14, 2007, Blogger lecram sinun said...

Thank you, my friend. :)

 
At 11:29 AM, December 14, 2007, Blogger airplanejayne said...

Mustang,
It doesn't matter if I never see myself as you do -- because I know you will always be there to let me know what you see.

I don't think there's anything in the Wizard's bag of tricks that I could give you, so I just wish you a heartfull of love.

 
At 6:00 PM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Cosima said...

Thank you, Mustang. Have a wonderful Christmas, peaceful and with those you love. I will imagine you all coming together around the kitchen stove :).

 
At 6:46 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger KaMotion said...

you have blessed each person with your insights and wishes. the ether has heard and you are fabulous!

 
At 9:17 AM, December 23, 2007, Blogger Katie :) said...

Mustang,
You and the family are such a wonderful part of my life, and I love that I met you guys.
I never know why people are brought into my life, but I am usually so excited that people are. I hope the holidays bring you hugs and smiles.
Love you guys so very much.
Merry Christmas

 
At 11:17 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger The Composter said...

Dear Ether
Please bring Mustang back, he needs O2 (the two is subscript, which makes it oxygen) and won't survive in your ether forever. Bring him back now! I don't feel bad about him leaving me out of you, I just want him back!
The Composter

 
At 12:09 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

...just wandering by the old 'hood so to speak...

very lovely sentiment there...

(personally, I'm a big fan of these blogs that you can stare at for months and months at a time, see something new in it each time, yet NOTHING be added to them for like, MONTHS at a time...
(pot calling the kettle 'black,' for sure...)

Look up the band 'the Blue Nile.'
I think they have like, two to three albums (ever) since forming in the early to mid eighties (they have gaps of, um, decades between studio albums... --and they're totally worth it (the wait, I mean.)

you're sort of like holding a ketchup bottle upside down and singing 'anticipation,' by Carly Simon... (though I doubt I'd be able to hold you upside down for like, um, at all...)

-It's a metaphor...

Hope all is well in your world, sir.

-e

 

Post a Comment

<< Home