Thursday, April 12, 2007



Usefullness...

"Thirty spokes will converge in the hub of a wheel; But the use of the cart will depend on the part of the hub that is void.

With a wall all around a clay bowl is moulded; but the use of the bowl will depend on the part of the bowl that is void.

Cut out windows and doors in the house as you build; but the use of the house will depend on the space in the walls that is void.

So advantage is had from whatever is there; but usefullness arises from whatever is not."

The Tao Te Ching, as presented in Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Emptiness chapter, in The Book of Five Rings.

I have not written in quite a while, as I was being useful.

For now, suffice it to say that I can find no simple words, only complex ones. And this is a sign that my thoughts are not complete, for the essence of a thing is important. So I seek to understand the void, and tell a simple tale.

Mustang

6 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, April 15, 2007, Blogger Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

...'nice bowl.'

(see, sometimes simple words are just, well, scant and shallow?)

just vent, babe, your stuff is great no matter what you write.

-Out of the Void

 
At 6:22 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger airplanejayne said...

ahhh....this is why you are the Zen Bunny.....

 
At 3:59 PM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Katie :) said...

being useful is more important than blogging.
nice to see you this morning! :)

 
At 7:46 AM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Cosima said...

Hi Mustang,
I just gave you a "golden thinker"... for your non-mass-produced thoughts :). It's a meme/blog award to make other readers aware of interesting blogs... and you get a nifty button to boot!

 
At 10:02 AM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

...mustang

-thanks for hitting me up on MySpace... (I'm like, rarely there, however... as can be deduced by the lapse in response..)
doing good on this end, doing-doing, and working-working...

shall be in touch.
-e

 
At 1:43 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Mustang said...

Cosima...

Thank you very much, I am truly honored. Uncharacteristically, I find myself for a lack of sufficient words...

E-

Good to hear from you!

Mustang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home