Friday, December 22, 2006



Reach...

There is something about the open sky at night. I stand there and stare upwards, and suddenly yet quietly, a feeling comes over me, one that makes me feel like I could simply...move upwards and reach the stars. It is that intense desire to go see, to understand, to fly...

I suppose that this is what is at the heart of all scientists, and dreamers, and poets and artists. An intense desire to see and know, both the furthest reaches of time and space, and the deepest secrets of our hearts. So we explore, we look, we write and we tell our stories.

As I listen to their music, I realize that I want to be able to express what I see in the stars, and in the earth, in the same way that their music touches my soul. I am frustrated that I cannot find the words to describe the colors I see in the Orion Nebula, or the movement of water beneath our feet. There are mathematics, which in their own right are both beautiful and fierce, that can describe these things I see. But there must be some other format, some other means to share these images in my eyes...

It is said that scientists seek facts, while philosphers seek the truth. Perhaps in that I can find my voice..

Mustang

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

same feeling from here.

 
At 7:47 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

hmmmm.....word verification was

"tnhny"

sounds like "tiny" which is how looking up at the stars makes me feel.

new word is "bmxqmuwx....."

...nope -- doesnt do a thing for me.

 
At 8:09 PM, December 26, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

mery exmas and happy gnu year, moron.

 
At 2:42 PM, December 28, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

moroon. i meant moroon. these blogs need spelchekker.

 
At 8:49 PM, January 17, 2007, Blogger Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home