Friday, July 03, 2009

Stretch before you lift...

Well, its been almost a year since I put fingers to keyboard and attempted to present a congent display of graphically pleasing electron-based pixels. So, I decided to just write this as a form of warm-up, to see if I still have the strength to blog.

So much has changed, but I won't bore you with my own perspectives on life, but for one exception.

Twitter

I will admit, I am older. I will admit that technology is outdistancing humanities ability to adapt. I heard the other night at a lecture that there were 1 billion people on the planet in 1830, and in 2008 there were 1 billion teenagers!

Twitter..the current social craze of micro-blogging in a mobile sense, so that any and all might come to know your innermost movements, thoughts, ruminations and near-insubstantial ideas. If you were worried about government attempting to monitor us, in an Orwellian form, we seem to be voluntarily offering up ourselves like so many micro-chipped puppies on the loose.

So, in closing..while you all "tweet"..consider a simple fact..that in 2010 almost 30% of the world's population will be without clean water to drink, that 40% of the world right now does not have access to electricity, and yet..we twitter. Frankly, it is a fine name for such a thing...

Mustang


2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, July 10, 2009, Blogger Katie :) said...

interesting food for thought......

and yes,
I twit.... :)

 
At 5:14 PM, August 26, 2009, Blogger Cosima said...

I stubbornly resist twitting, and only use Facebook to read what Lecram had for lunch ...lol.

Glad that you are being old-fashioned and blog again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home