Wednesday, November 01, 2006



Friendship...

I read something today that caused me to pause and reflect on my friends. More specifically, what qualifies them, and perhaps more importantly what qualifies me, to be friends.

I expect a great deal from myself when I am someone's friend. I do not befriend someone haphazardly. It is too important to me and to them, and so I am very demanding of myself. And yet it is not a perfect system. I am friendly to almost everyone, and try and be polite and considerate towards them. However, I will not "stand in the breach" for just anyone. That privelage is earned.

It is not so much that I need to feel important or special about who I am friends with. It is more that as I grew up, I dealt with "friends" that were not, and suffered greatly for my mistakes. As such, I do not give it lightly, as I do not want it taken lightly.

Dana is my first, best friend. For her there is no limit to what I will do for her...none. Yes to those who ask, I would..for her..always..any sacrifice.

There are a few others to whom I have said "any time, any place, anything" and meant it. They know who they are..in fact one or two of them might read this. And for that matter, in general, their friends are mine, and that offer usually extends to them.

Next there are people to be nice to. I will always try and be nice to them. There are many people here, but few of them are friends.

Lastly, and there are very few here, are those people to whom I am not nice. I do not want to write about them.

I hold my friends close, and they are important to me. I think I may need to write more about this, after I have wrestled with my soul on this a little more, and gotten over the hurt I felt a friend write about.

Mustang

14 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Katie :) said...

yup

 
At 5:40 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

I love that Dana is your first and foremost friend. What the two of you have is awesome and inspiring -- even to jaded me.

 
At 7:07 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Mustang said...

Dearest APJ...

I'll still consider groupieing you!

M

 
At 8:36 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

I love my groupies!!!!!

 
At 8:12 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Katie :) said...

Mustang I'm ready for a hug anytime you've got one to share! :)

 
At 9:33 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Mustang said...

Hmmmmm.....

MUST HUG KATIE..MUST HUG KATIE..KLATU BARATA NIKTO..MUST HUG KATIE (SMACK SSM AWAY)..MUST HUG KATIE..MUST SMACK SSM AND HUG KATIE..SMACK SSM AGAIN, HUG KATIE AGAIN..

Mustang

 
At 10:20 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Katie :) said...

you rock

 
At 3:31 PM, November 03, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

...so long as i get smacked...

 
At 4:09 PM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Katie :) said...

I'll smack you anytime sweet thang

 
At 11:20 PM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Mustang said...

Wait..all smacking and hugging shall be done my me. No other substitutes will be accepted, as I am packaged by volume not weight, and you should wait 6-8 weeks to be smacked and or hugged.

M

 
At 11:45 AM, November 04, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

hmm.....smacked by a squirrel or smacked by a gorilla?

does size matter????????
yes!!!!

:)

 
At 6:09 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

rememer:
the smaller the stick, the quicker the prick.

 
At 9:00 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger airplanejayne said...

an gawd what a prick, eh?

 
At 9:44 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Mustang said...

Giagantic
Outrageous
Radically
Impossibly
Large
Lacivious
Accoutrement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home