Monday, November 27, 2006



Escape...

It is raining now. I can here the rain falling against the windows, gently at times, and then with sudden urgency and fervor. It is just the wind...

I go to the window in the kitchen. It is dark outside still, the sun hours from making an appearance. I stand quitely, listening to the dogs sleep, breathing softly as they have doggy dreams...

Outside, in a small space between my house and the next, is a quiet place in my world where I can be alone, or I can share with friends. Now, it is empty, and as such it is at its' best. I stare until I see...a raindrop.

A small pot is left out there, to act as a playground for the raindrops as they arrive in my yard. Every now and then one finds this small place to play, and produces the singularly most beautiful natural form I know of...the splash

Mathematically, this structure can be described, but not loved. Physics can explain the behavior of a liquid, but not my imagination. Chemically, each drop changes the water in the pot ever so slightly, but not my enjoyment.

So..drop by drop my world changes..but I do not. I am unchanged by the rain, but changed by the rainfall...

Mustang

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger Katie :) said...

The simplest things in life are, by far the most breath taking and peaceful.

 
At 2:45 PM, November 30, 2006, Blogger ScarySquirrelMan said...

if you let it fill all of the way up, you won't have a pot to piss in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home